Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Johnny Cash, and "Another anthem, and some other shows"





Greetings from Arkansas!  We've been here in Fayetteville for about a week (Whoo! Pig Sooie!!!), and we are getting ready to make our way to Houston, TX tomorrow.  It's been a pretty good week, and we're looking forward to even better times and even nicer weather in Houston. 

We had a very nice opening night party at a place called Common Grounds, across from the theatre; it happened to be on Fat Tuesday, and because we are on the campus of the University of Arkansas, there were a lot of people out and about. 

I got to see a U of A baseball game with a bunch of the cast and crew, which not only got me very much in the mood for the approaching baseball season, but it was great to see an SEC Division 1 game. 

On Thursday the Thunderstudy boys and I got to sing the National Anthem at a Razorbacks vs. Alabama Crimson Tide basketball game.  Yet another new sporting event experience!  I've seen tons of pro baseball and hockey games live, but because of tour I've been able to experience college arenas, and NBA basketball.  Pretty awesome. 

Yesterday the Jam and I headed to The Whole Hog Cafe, a very famous and VERY GOOD BBQ place here in Fayetteville.  We were not dissapointed.  It was fantastic.  7 different sauces to choose from on our table, and some of the best pulled-pork and brisket I've ever had. 

Well, that's about it for us here in Fayetteville.  Sorry this week's post isn't more exciting, but we had a pretty busy week in Memphis, so I think most of us were trying to lay low here a bit.  I'm sure there will be a lot more excitement from Houston!  I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment