Monday, November 28, 2011

Charlotte, Thanksgiving, and more!

Hey, everyone!  It's been a few days since I've posted, but we have just finished our first week of three here in Charlotte, NC.  I am blown away by the beauty of this town and it's architecture; at the same time, I'm surprised at the fact that most businesses close earlier than their posted hours, and/or weren't open for the duration of the weekend.  That, and the amount of "homeless" who stop and ask for money with a similar story "I've never asked for money in my life.......I came up here last week from South Carolina.......I just need (insert random amount of money here) to get back 'home'".  But, it's been a great week.  Rachael came to visit, and although we had limited options for food for a few days, we made the most of our time, and got to see some really great stuff!  We went to the Mint Museum of Modern Art on Friday, which was breathtaking, and on Saturday we visited the Discovery Place and their Mummies Of The World exhibit.  So awesome.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the mummies, but I DO have some great pictures from the museum. 

This week has been special; most of all to me because Rachael was able to visit, but also because we got to join the majority of the company for a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant called Harvest Moon.  All organic, locally farmed, and totally delicious food.  I highly suggest it.  On top of all of that, I got to watch Austin go on as Jerry Lee, AND Billy go on as Elvis this week.  I could not be more proud of either of them.  The crowds loved them, and they really showed all of the hard work and preparation they've put into their roles. 




Oh!  And, they boys, and m'am, also rode a float in the Thanksgiving Day Parade here in Charlotte.  You can watch the video above!  Stay tuned for more news from Charlotte, and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment