Thursday, May 17, 2012

Yes, I know the way to San Jose, and I did go to San Francisco....sans flowers in my hair.....








Howdy, folks!  I hope the last week has treated you well!

Last week we made our way from Costa Mesa to San Jose.  We got into town, and shortly thereafter, my parents arrived.  It had been 42 years, almost to the exact day since my parents had been to California.  I was so glad to be able to give them the opportunity and a reason to come back. 

On Tuesday, we ventured to the San Pedro Public Market to take in a promo by the boys and m'am (see the picture above and videos below).  Then, off to opening night. 

On Wednesday, my parents and I headed to San Francisco!  My father had been there about 43 years ago, but it was the first time my mother and I had the chance to go.  We decided the best way to get an overview of the entire city was to take an open-top trolley bus tour.  Now, normally, this would not be my type of thing.  But, I have to say, I was very pleasantly surprised with the experience.  In a 2 hour tour we were able to see Coit Tower, crooked Lombard Street, Chinatown, Little Italy, The Painted Ladies, the Full House house, Golden Gate Park, The Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, George Lucas' ILM, and many many more sights.  I had no idea how much that city had to offer, nor how crowded and compact all of the buildings were. 

We headed back to San Jose, and I got the suprise news that I would be going on as Cash that night.  So, with some frantic preparation and help from our company managers, I was able to switch the tickets I had already bought for my parents, and get them in to see me perform.  They loved it, as always. 

The next day I took my parents to the Winchester Mystery House.  I had done a little research on the house after some people in the company mentioned it.  Man.  That is a crazy lookin' house.  I wasn't able to take pictures inside, but it's not something I will forget anytime soon.  We had a great time seeing all of the staircases leading to nowhere, the windows that opened onto brick walls, and the secret passages.  Do yourself a favor, and even if you never find yourself in San Jose, visit their website at www.winchestermysteryhouse.com and see for yourself.  An amazing story. 

My parents and I ventured back to San Francisco on Friday with the hopes of visitng Alcatraz.  No dice.  It was sold out through the weekend, so we made the most of it, and saw a bunch of other stuff instead.  We had lunch on Pier 39 again, and headed up to Coit Tower.  What an amazing view of the city.  We took a ton of pictures, and then headed to take a drive down the crooked Lombard Street; 7 twists and turns in 1 city block (see the picture above, and video below).  We then treated ourselves to some Ghirardelli chocolate and ice cream! 

On Saturday, my parents were able to take a trip to Monterey, where they had lived when my father was in the Navy.  It had changed quite a bit, but they were so excited to go back and see it.  I'm so glad they got the chance. 

Some of the boys and I also got to see a couple of live shows at a downtown bar called the Blank Club.  On Saturday, a band that Billy had opened for, Three Bad Jacks played; wow.  That was some fierce Psychobilly.  They did a version of Motorhead's Ace of Spades that floored me. 

All in all, I had an amazing time in San Jose.  Not only did I get to spend some quality time with my parents, but I had a great time seeing San Francisco and meeting some amazing people along the way.  It may be the first city we've been to that I was not ready to leave yet. 

We're in Seattle now, and my brother is here visiting.  So, more news from the West Coast next week! 

Oh! And, if you haven't already, please visit my completely redesigned www.scottmoreau.com and tell me what you think!  You can find a link to my Facebook, Twitter and this blog in the upper right hand corner, AND a link to the Million Dollar Quartet website!  Enjoy, and tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment