Sunday, May 27, 2012

Donuts, Duck and dogs











I know what you are thinking...."that is a very strange title for this blog".....well, those three things sup up most of the meals I've had in this city.  So, it makes a bit more sense. 

Interesting that everyone always talks about Seattle being a place where the sun never shines, and it rains all the time.  It rained perhaps once when we were in Seattle, save the morning we left when it was pouring.  It has rained every day we've been in Portland.  I think the sun has been out for approximately 6 hours the entire week.....

That said, we didn't let the rain spoil our fun.  We hopped on the bus Monday morning, and headed from Seattle to Portland.  I was a bit reluctant to leave, but I was looking forward to Portland, and one thing in particular.....VOODOO DONUTS. 

For those that don't know about Voodoo, it's a donut shop here in Portland that has some very weird and wonderful donut concoctions.  AMAZING.  I first learned about them on Man Vs. Food, and decided that if I ever got the chance to go to Portland, that would have to be a must do. 

So, me and some of the boys and Rosie treked close to a mile after we got into to town to sample these amazing donuts.  Boy howdy were they good.  It was my dinner on Monday night, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. 

Like I said, it was pretty rainy here, so I honestly didn't get to see much, or take very many pictures.  However, we did get to sample a lot of what Portland had to offer as far as micro brews, and some great food.  A great bar with and even better name, Veritable Quandry, served us some fantastic beer, and duck confit spring rolls.....Now, I have to say, duck is not something I eat frequently.  Perhaps it's because I grew up with ducks swimming in our lake.....I don't know.  What I do know is, when I do have it, man, that's a tasty bird. 

Because we are on the water front, I also took the time to walk around a little park that was down there, and take some pictures.  In the 5 mintues it didn't rain. 

There is a city fair going on right now, so a bunch of us went down and did some sight seeing yesterday, as well as getting some pretty rad corn dogs.  Mmmm....corn dogs.....

I also got the opportunity to do a promo with the cast as Sam Phillips on Friday at a really nice open park.  That prepared me to go on as Sam that night, and on Saturday's matinee.  The cast took me out on Friday to thank me for such a great show, which was much appreciated and unexpected. 

Sorry there's not much news from here.....like I said, we didn't get out all that much.  Although, a few of us did go get breakfast at a place called Mother's, that was probably the best breakfast any of us had ever had. 

Tomorrow we head to (for all of you Book Of Mormon fans out there...) Salt-a-lake-a-see-tee.  I have no idea what to expect really, but I'm sure I'll have a lot to report.  I hope everyone is having a good week, and I'll write more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment