Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So this one time, I went to Folsom Prison.....










Hello everyone, and welcome back to my blog!  I had a nice couple of weeks off at home and in our nation's capitol, and now we are back on the road.  Unfortunately, I'm a little under the weather at the moment, but hopefully the fresh air and sunshine will get be better soon. 

My trip to Sacramento was long, but uneventful.  I don't think I've been on a single plane for more than 2 hours since my family and I flew to London 18 years ago.  So, after a couple of flights and layovers, I took a 5 hour flight from Atlanta to Sacramento.  I guess if nothing else, it'll prepare me for the extremely long flights we'll be taking to and from Japan in a few months. 

Everybody got right back into the swing of things as soon as we got into town.  Kinda an interesting theatre, but the audiences LOVED the show.  It was so nice to come back to that kind of energy. 

On Friday a bunch of us went to Folsom Prison; I was so excited to get the chance to go, even if it was only to take pictures.  But, we were able to visit the museum and buy a few mementos.  It was pretty creepy being just outside those walls, knowing that thousands of criminals were just inside.  However, it was great to stand where Johnny and his entourage stood more than 40 years ago. 

On Saturday, in between shows, the majority of the cast went to a great pizza place, Pizza Rock, and had a nice little "family" dinner.  As I was walking back to the theatre, I did something I haven't done in a very long time.....I gave my leftovers to a homeless guy on the street.  He asked me for money to buy some food, and I offered him my two slices of pizza.  He was overjoyed.  In fact, he walked over to a park bench and shared it with one of his friends.  Those are the times I am glad to help someone in need. 

That's about it for Sacramento.  Personal problems aside, it was a pretty good week.  We also celebrated our 200th show on tour (see the video below).  Well, it should be a relatively eventful two weeks here in Costa Mesa.  So, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment